Tuesday, January 26, 2010

labels

I've been thinking a lot about labels lately. Here's our baby not even born yet and he's already labeled as "delayed," "small" etc. Friday was another rough day. We got to the doctor's office and were told that I didn't have a referral from my midwife for the fetal EKG, when no one ever told me or her that we needed a referral considering that the doctor was the one who told me to get it. I couldn't get in touch with her and they almost wouldn't do it, but finally agreed to do it with a retro referral.

The baby as usual was not into accomodating these annoying techs and so it took almost 2 hours of pushing on my bladder before she could get all the shots of the heart she needed. At one point she left the room to take a break and rest her hand. She came back and asked when our next appointment with the doctor was. This is our appointment with the doctor, I said. "no, he's not here today," she replied, "you only made an appointment for an ekg not for a follow-up consult" That's when i flipped.

So a bunch of non-experts have now told us that the amnio looks ok, though the doctor has not confirmed that. The tech thought the heart looked fine, but the baby has only grown about an ounce and is now officially 3 weeks behind and we have no idea what that really means and neither does my midwife.

I have an acupuncture appointment for this afternoon that i am hoping will help get the blood flowing to the baby. And we have an appointment with this same doc tomorrow though the thought of returning to his office makes me want to vomit.

In brighter news Mr T's book comes out this week and we are having a big book release party on Thursday. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment