Friday, January 8, 2010

feelin better

Thanks for everyone's support! Once I made it home last night I took a nice hot bath with healing bath salts that Becca got me in Israel and we lit some soothing candles and my uterus finally calmed down. A preview to what a contraction must feel like!

The bath helped tremendously and so did the ginger ale. I managed to get some gatorade and noodle soup down too. My midwifes both called to see how I was doing which was nice they were upset that the doctor hadn't told me that the amnio often leads to cramping and that they recommend bedrest after. As one of them said it's an invasive procedure! So I have been taking it really easy today. I woke up starving at 4:30 AM, (what else is new?!) I wonder where all the food is going if not to the baby! Athough as Mr. T pointed out the baby weighs 8 ounces instead of 10 ounces, it's hardly significant in the scheme of my body. . . It's amazing that those 2 ounces can cause so much stress and confusion.

But after my 4 AM snack I managed to sleep pretty soundly and woke up hungry but rested and my stomach is pretty much back to normal, so that's a relief.

Now we just get to play the waiting game, a game I'm good at in the best of times!

I just found out that an old friend of mine's father died. I grew up as an honorary member of her big loud fun family and have always loved her father, he was such a warm, generous and vivacious person. Too much sadness for one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment